At Appliance Spares Direct, we understand that your privacy is important. This policy details the personal data we collect from you, why we need it and what we do with it. It also explains the legal basis for our processing of your data.
Appliance Spares Direct is the data controller of the information you provide. Appliance Spares Direct Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 4989635. Our Store is located at 2 - 8 Preston New Road, Oxford Square, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 4HQ.
What data we collect
We take your privacy very seriously so you can shop with confidence at Appliance spares direct Ltd. When you place an order at Appliance Spares Direct Ltd, we collect some personal information from you:
We may collect the following information:
- Date of birth
- Job title
- contact information including email address and telephone numbers
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Financial information such as credit card / debit cards numbers
- Ip address (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
Why we need it
We need the information we gather to be able to carry out our business correctly, to be able to deliver goods to you or contact you for delivery reasons via phone or email. If you take out finance with us we will need your details to process the agreement with the finance company. If you require an extended warranty for your appliance(s) we will need your details to process this with Retracare.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You have to opt in to the newsletter for us to be able to email you these offers etc.
- To complete a finance payment, we will securely transmit your full contact details and the value of your order to Hitachi Finance who will start the finance application process. They will then securely send us the outcome of your application.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- For extended warranties we will need to process your details with Retracare for you to take out this domestic appliance insurance.
- We try to give our customer a great buying service and part of this we use Trustpilot to assist us with collecting reviews from people who have had a buying or service experience from us. Trustpilot act as the data processor, on behalf of Appliance Spares Direct Ltd who are the data controller, to gather reviews from people the data Subject, who have had a buying or service experience. We do this in order to generate verified reviews as a legitimate business interest to help maintain our high levels of service to our customers.
We do not store credit card details.
This information is collected and held securely. We use the SSL, the best security software available, to encrypt your personal information so it cannot be read by a third party. We treat all your personal information as confidential, complying completely with data protection and consumer legislation. Reputable third-party banking Worldpay & PayPal to process your card payments. They too are under strict legal and contractual obligations to keep your personal information private and do not pass on to us your card details. They only provide us the information needed to process your order. For more information about our security and privacy policies, see Appliancespares-direct.co.uk terms and conditions or complete our contact form.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use the SSL, the best security software available, to encrypt your personal information so it cannot be read by a third party. We treat all your personal information as confidential, complying completely with data protection and consumer legislation. Reputable third-party banking and distribution institutions process your card payments. They too are under strict legal and contractual obligations to keep your personal information private and do not pass on to us your card details. They only provide us the information needed to process your order. For more information about our security and privacy policies, see Appliancespares-direct.co.uk terms and conditions or complete our contact form.
Things to look out for to know that you're on a secure page would be, in the address bar you should have a closed padlock in green and https next to it. All our pages on our web site comply with this for your safety when browsing.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or by opening your account and unticking the newsletter option.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|